Saturday, November 8, 2014

Creation

if I could just find a place
where I could just sit back and create
and not worry about fate
I’d probably be fulfilled beyond my wildest dreams, on the real
every wound I’d ever received would probably start to heal
and I would never worry again
never lack for a friend
just the beat, the microphone and my pen
find utopia inside of cornucopia of thoughts that I’m blessed with
questioning my purpose would be out of the question
an infinite cypher in session
creating with each breath would be my only obsession
destiny constantly I’d be manifesting
never losing sight of my direction
the course that I’m etching like when stone meets the mason
breaking through the walls that I’m facing
Eddie Bauer skating on these tracks that I’m lacing
never compensating
my spiritual situation is authentic creation
                                                           
gotta build something, heal something, feel something,
creative pipeline I gotta drill something
gotta make something, take something, put at stake something,
the sleeper inside, I gotta wake something
gotta choose something, prove something, gotta move something,
to progress sometimes I gotta lose something
tryna piece together what this life is about
looking forward to the day that I can figure it out

tryna figure it out
is this what living’s about?
does humility really mean livin without?
or that just a misinterpretation of the word
to spend my life chasing after paper seems so absurd
so how could I, why would I,
live the only life I have inauthentically, why should I?
appear as if we belong, feeling like an outcast
we end up in the same place, who we tryna outlast?
to truly fit in, we gotta fit with ourselves
if we refuse to face our demons then we living in hell
you can act like you don’t got ‘em but you lying to yourself
ain’t nobody alive without some shadows on shelf
how much energy expended tryna hide our shame
and in the process we look for someone else to blame
keep ourselves hostage, closed up and cautious
we’d rather save face instead of cutting our losses

gotta build something, heal something, tryna feel something,
creative pipeline I gotta drill something
gotta make something, take something, put at stake something,
the sleeper inside, I gotta wake something
gotta choose something, prove something, gotta move something,
to progress sometimes I gotta lose something
tryna piece together what this life is about
looking forward to the day that I can figure it out
  
tryna move a mountain – a shovel at a time
that’s like every word I write if I try to force the rhyme
if I impose my will on the process
sometimes creativity gets lost it’s
so delicate
so elegant
move with the stream of thought but still stay relevant
a chemist that’s compounding the elements
is it real? can you feel it? maybe that is the evidence/
driven by a force of benevolence
so how I could be hesitant?
that’s the role the ego play
diminish its influence, listen to what the beat’ll say
“One thing I tell you is we got to be free” like the Beatles say
“I’m not the only one” that’s what the dreamers say
I believe ‘em, I seen ‘em – I am one too
you believe in, your reasons – but I’m not you
I ain’t tryna, convince you – but I stay true
long as I got a beat and mic check one two, c’mon




No comments:

Post a Comment