Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Meaning of the Name

MC FÜBB (pronounced “emcee foob”) has evolved from its origins to what it represents today. The name “FÜB” started out as a nickname given to me by a high school friend (for some ridiculous reason or another), which was a variation on my last name (Farb). By that point, I had already begun rapping and I chose to at “MC” to the front of “FÜB.” MC conventionally stand for Master of Ceremonies, but within the hip hop culture it also means “Move the Crowd” and “Microphone Controller” among other things. I won’t get into detail now all the difference between an MC and a rapper, but I will sum it up this way: almost anybody can rap, very few deserve the title of hip hop MC. In order to make FÜB mean something, I added another “B” to the end of it, making my name MC FÜBB, the “FÜBB” at that point and for several years after stood for “Fucked Up Beyond Belief” (a variation on the military term FUBAR – Fucked Up Beyond All Recognition). As time went on and I grew personally, undergoing many developments in my personal life, I changed the meaning of FÜBB to mean “Foundations of Understanding Based on Benevolence.” This new meaning reflects the spiritual shift that occurred in my life years ago and that the attitude that I carry with me in all my affairs today.
Both meanings of FÜBB are still relevant, however I strive for to represent the latter meaning today.

No comments:

Post a Comment