Friday, October 16, 2009

Piece of Mind

I’m not Superman, Spiderman or Batman
hold a microphone instead of holding a gat, man
understand, that I got this phat plan
to blast through industry brains like splat! man
now that I’ve got your attention,
let me mention
the way my rhymes relieve tension
similar to distension in the stomach,
these kats stretch wacks on tracks, but can’t run it
a lot of ya’ll talk that bullshit
about busting off with a full-clip
but one thing you’ve gotta realize
that’s the reason Biggie and Pac died
time to reflect that inward eye
locate the truth, dispel the lies
realize what’s been circumscribed
in your mind are signs to coincide with the times
no it’s not fine, and I’m not ok with it
am I sincere? yes, check the cadences
so many profess that banal faithlessness
won’t talk about a dream, let alone go chasing it
a glorious life, most folks ain’t tasting it
truth defacing it, love erasing it
running from life instead of embracing it
lost true faith so we try replacing it
with drinks and drugs, props and hugs
timbs and lugz
gold chains, fake tits and thugs
I fit you with the truth like a hand to glove
in tryna act cool, we lost the love

HOOK:
I hear these people talking all this bullshit on the daily
I think if I keep listening to it I might go crazy
I try to silence all the voices echoing in my mind
no wonder why this peace of mind I seek is so hard to find

Without the love, what you got to live for?
If it’s all about me, what I got to give for?
Like I’ma take mine, you can take yours
and if I’m stronger, you take a loss
and while I get richer, you can get poor
you can just rot while I’m rockin’ on tour
that’s an attitude I refuse to adopt
refuse to cop, like Q-Tip Breathe and Stop—
and show me what you got
if you follow so far, I can thicken the plot
we’re consumed by selfishness,
lost in senselessness,
straight defencelessness
to the censorship
locked down like we serving life sentences
pleading to the lord for our repentances
wonder ‘bout my lifestyle, was I meant for this?
should I enter this, or put an end to this?
topic I rock it, you can knock it or cop it
I’ma hold it I got it, hands out of my pockets
mic. grippin, no bitchin, heavy hitting I pop it
out the park, while I trench thru the dark section
taking bold strides cuz ain’t no half-steppin’
some give me daps but still disrespectin’
I don't really care, stay my learning my lessons
know-it-all kats can burn in mic sessions
I’m guessing, sophistry they professin’
instead of just talking, try asking the question
two eyes and ears, what’s that about?
look and listen before that shit comes out your mouth!

HOOK:
I hear these people talking all this bullshit on the daily
I think if I keep listening to it I might go crazy
I try to silence all the voices echoing in my mind
no wonder why this peace of mind I seek is so hard to find
(2x)

peace of mind I seek, thru these rhymes I speak
right on time with beats, for mics. I’m a freak
I keep droppin shit, they keep talkin shit
say one thing and do the opposite
I don’t got time for that, bullshit lying crap
I find the truth where my brain fibres at
I hear one more wack track, I’ma snap
mission in rap’s to put T-dot on the map
most don’t capitalize, time, they fraternize
rap, they patronize, rhymes, they bastardize,
hip hop, scandalized, sex, tantalized,
meanwhile, with these skills I maximize
my potential, dent you with rhythm I sent you
if I bent you with the force message I meant to
not offend you, but to mend you, whether or not you consent to
with the pencil, I wrote down, barriers I broke down
rap about hope now, people get choked up
sleeping in misery? time that we woke up
people rather smoke up, drink and get doped up
instead of smelling flowers they be sniffing the coke up
noose around our own necks as we pull the rope up
time bombs ticking in our chests to blow up
still I rhyme so sick that you could throw up
it’s time for rappers on the mic to grow up
instead of rapping ‘bout how you’re so fly
talking that you can dress better than I
look into the mirror into your own eyes
and ask yourself where your true self lies
my appeal, is simply to keep it real
cuz most headz won’t just say what they feel
it’s not about sense, it’s ego and nonsense
slaves to our pride, we should listen to our conscience

HOOK:
I hear these people talking all this bullshit on the daily
I think if I keep listening to it I might go crazy
I try to silence all the voices echoing in my mind
no wonder why this peace of mind I seek is so hard to find
(2x)

No comments:

Post a Comment