Friday, October 16, 2009

Devoted



my pen touch the paper, I explode with emotion
rise like the tide carries waves in the ocean
don’t care about clout, can’t doubt my devotion
boom-baps with original rap, catch my notion?
I’m floating, high above the limits that were dictated to me
refuse to be jaded, conveying what was related to me
state it how I create it, impossible to see through me
predictable high quality, this ain’t no B-movie
shifting gears, similar to a Ferrari Testarosa
hours spent writing these rhymes, what I devote-ta
the art, yes I’m playing my part
by expressing the truth that’s inside of my heart
thru the light and the dark, I use the mic. as my spark
to light the torch for the quest upon which I embark
and I don’t take life for granted
cuz sure as I’m living on this planet,
any day, in any way, I could dearly depart
though it’s hard, I refuse to let the raps be corroded
raise your fist in the air if your heart is devoted!

Chorus:
I’M DEVOTED; in every single line I compose
I’M DEVOTED; that’s why I write these poetry and prose
I’M DEVOTED; every time I pick up the mic.
I’M DEVOTED; every single day of my life
I’M DEVOTED; that’s why I pray to God when I rise
I’M DEVOTED; that’s why I can’t believe all the lies
I’M DEVOTED; to surpass societal norms
I’M DEVOTED; to hip hop, in all of its forms


I stay devoted
duly noted, let me quote it:
“with this art we can’t compromise,” like Shad wrote it
I been broken
been tokin’, been chokin’
but after all the pain that I’ve been thru, I’m still hopin’
well spoken, so I stick with the rappin’
I refuse to get pissed without taking some action
put the core of my essence on the track, no actin’
get attention of the masses without the gun clappin’
it’s hard to motivate and relate, when being faced with hate
ignorance spreads across human-kind like a plague,
to this date
it’s not a matter of fate
our reality’s dictated by choices we make
so I choose to committed, refuse the counterfeited
falsities repulsing me, lusting me like adultery
tryna put the fault on me, but I stand solidly
cuz I’m a man of God, regardless of what they’re calling me
vandals of hip hop owe the culture an apology
nod if you identify, you don’t gotta follow me
if you spit real raps and your own hand wrote it,
raise your fist in the air cuz your heart is devoted!

Chorus:
I’M DEVOTED; in every single line I compose/
I’M DEVOTED; that’s why I write these poetry and prose/
I’M DEVOTED; every time I pick up the mic./
I’M DEVOTED; every single day of my life/
I’M DEVOTED; that’s why I pray to God when I rise/
I’M DEVOTED; that’s why I can’t believe all the lies/
I’M DEVOTED; to surpass societal norms/
I’M DEVOTED; to hip hop, in all of its forms/


No comments:

Post a Comment