Sunday, April 17, 2011


Words from my homie Noyz, who produced the entire ITFONA album:

Me and the homey MC FÜBB first started working on our album "In The Face of No Agreement" in the fall of 2009. The first beats I sent him were "History" and "Feet Don't Fail" and we both felt we had established an immediate chemistry as MC and beat maker. He hit me back and put forth the idea of building on a full length album and I was a little unsure at first as I hadn't been making beats for very long but I looked at it as a chance to learn.


To make beats for an entire album with one MC is challenging because you run the risk of sounding repetitive and making the same songs over again. FÜBB is a very versatile MC so the beats I provided had to show a wide range of emotion to give him a broad landscape to paint on. The majority of what is on the album are beats that I made specifically for FÜBB as I didn't just want to have him pick and choose from my catalogue.


The opening track of the album was actually the last one we put together as we felt we didn't have a definitive standout for the intro and we were having issues with securing a singer. FÜBB was able to get Mike Devine on board in the 9th inning and he blessed this song beautifully. The chorus sums up the overarching theme of the album and how we as people can't give up on our goals no matter how much adversity we face.


Check out the song here:

http://mcfubb.bandcamp.com/track/in-the-face-of-no-agreement-itfona-feat-mike-devine


We're selling the album for $10, so if you can show your support, it would be greatly appreciated. You can listen to the album for free, so at the very least, drop your 2 cents and let me know what you think of the album.


Peace!




No comments:

Post a Comment